Independent Living Resource Center
Suggestions, Feedback, Complaints and Grievances

If you feel you have been treated unfairly, inappropriately or unprofessionally by an ILRC employee, or you believe the services provided to you by ILRC were inadequate, you may file a complaint. Please ask to speak to ILRC’s program manager if you want more information.

If you remain dissatisfied after using ILRC’s internal complaint process, you may take your grievance to a section of the Department of Rehabilitation called the Client Assistance Program (CAP). A CAP employee will work with you to address your unresolved complaint against ILRC or another independent living center. CAP also handles consumer complaints against Department of Rehab vocational rehab counselors.

You can reach a CAP Advocate member by calling Disability Rights California at (800) 776-5746 (Voice) and (800) 719-5798 (TTY). 

To find out about our Confidentiality Statement, click here.

To find your nearest office, click here.