Assistive Technology (AT) Program Coordinator
Posted on June 10, 2020
Provides information on AT resources, assists consumers in securing assistive technology/adaptive equipment, and makes referrals for services as appropriate. Provides information and referral services about AT issues to consumers, agencies and other interested persons utilizing in-house resources and consulting AT I&R Centers. Gathers and organizes information on a wide range of AT topics. Resolves inquiries of a general nature and makes referrals to community resources and agencies when appropriate. The AT Advocate also assists consumers with locating and applying for benefits programs and resources to fund their needed AT equipment. Provides community education and awareness on the benefits of Assistive Technology to the independence of persons with disabilities. Serves South Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties.
Site Location: Santa Barbara Office
Pay Rate: Not Specified
Reporting Supervisor: Not Specified
Stress Level: Not Specified
Employment Status: Full-Time
Filing Deadline Date: June 16, 2020
About the Organization
The Independent Living Resource Center (ILRC) is a disability focused non-profit providing services and advocacy to those experiencing all disabilities, of all ages, and all income levels. Our mission is to promote independent living and full access for individuals with disabilities through advocacy, education and action in our communities. The organization has been based in Santa Barbara since it opened in 1976 and serves the Central Coast Counties of; Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo. Services are provided by utilizing a team approach where the consumer is an active member in their goal attainment. Services provided by the organization include; Housing, Personal Assistance, Interpreting, Peer Support, Assistive Technology, Youth Transition, Older Individuals who are Blind Program, Advocacy, and Emergency Preparedness. ILRC is actively engaged in all of our counties.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Provide information and referral (I&R) services about AT issues to consumers, agencies and other interested persons utilizing in-house resources and consulting other Centers and the AT Network.
- Conduct AT outreach, education, and services in South Santa Barbara County and Ventura County
- Research, gather and organize information on a wide range of AT topics.
- Assist consumers in securing devices, providing information on funding for AT resources and make referrals for services as appropriate.
- Provide support in emergency preparedness program including but not limited to; Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) preparedness, backup power, evacuation planning, etc.
- Provide information, support and training to assist consumers in achieving stated independent living goals and/or make referrals to appropriate resources and agencies.
- Draft written Independent Living Plan goals with all consumers or obtain waiver and monitor consumers' progress and outcomes of services.
- Provide enhanced information and assistance by working with the consumer to identify the individual's long and short term needs, identifying resources to meet those needs, providing referrals to identified resources, and, where appropriate, providing warm hand-offs, and following up to ensure that a consumer's needs have been met.
- Interact and create relationships with local partner organizations for the purpose of quality services and referral options.
- Provide education and training/referrals to consumers on the availability and usage of AT in order to promote independence.
- Assist the Program Manager and Executive Director in coordinating this project.
- Inform consumers of all ILRC services and refer to other advocates when they would benefit the consumer.
- Collect required demographic information from consumers.
- Maintain accurate records of services requested and provided.
- Promote harmonious working relationships; Participate fully as member of working team; Conduct agency business in a professional manner
General knowledge of AT devices and their applications.
- Knowledge of programs and services available to persons with disabilities with an emphasis on AT.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and email applications, internet research and database management.
- Team leadership, program coordination experience and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, active listening skills.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel throughout the service area.
Personal experience with a disability.
- Familiarity with financial benefits (SSI/SSDI) that may assist in funding devices for consumers and with ADA issues regarding access, employment, etc.
- Experience with social and economic issues facing persons with disabilities
- Ability to implement training and Independent Living model of service delivery
- Bilingual; English/Spanish or English/ASL
How to Apply
Submit your resumé (in Microsoft Word format) to Dani Anderson: email@example.com